To join Mt. Diablo, click here.
If you’re not sure, read on!
Current Members: Renew Here
There are many benefits to joining California Writers Club.
As an organization of professional writers, we encourage our members to:
- dedicate themselves to their writing
- hone their craft
- support each other’s work and publishing successes at all levels
- become actively involved in the organization
- embrace a positive spirit of cooperation
Joining Mt. Diablo Branch gives you:
- California Writers Club benefits
- Copies of the Bulletin, our state-wide newsletter
- Connections to CWC state branches
- Annual printed and mailed CWC Literary Review, with the opportunity to submit your own work for possible inclusion
Membership Benefits—Norcal Group
- The Northern CWC branches meet regularly to communicate and collaborate on new ideas, solving problems, and furthering mutual writing and publishing goals
- The group is informal, focusing on serving members’ writing and publishing needs
Membership Benefits—Mt. Diablo Branch
- Monthly luncheon meetings, including programs, workshops, and special programs; Buck-a-Book program or door prizes; and the opportunity to buy autographed copies of guest speakers’ books
- Opportunities to submit to periodic short story or other contests (also available to non-members) with cash prizes for winners
- Opportunities to support the Young Writers Contest for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students in Contra Costa County public and private schools
- the Write News, our monthly branch electronic newsletter
- #NewsFlash, periodic e-mail supplement to the Write News
- Back Fence, our online forum at Yahoo.com for branch members and guests from the Tri-Valley and Berkeley branches (contact our Online Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to join)
- Opportunity to participate in members’ critique groups
- Member Honors: Our Branch honors members who serve the entire membership selflessly:
- Our club enjoys non-profit status and we offer liability insurance coverage for every meeting or function we promote.