Phyllis was born in Detroit, MI. She earned a B.S. in Biology and Physical Sciences at the University of Michigan, and following two years in Ecuador, completed a Master’s in Science Education at Wayne State University.
She then married Jack (whom she met when they were both eight), had a daughter and son, and taught for many years in Detroit and California schools. After adding a concentration in Computer Science to her resume, Phyllis went to work in the computer industry. She has also written several contemporary novels.
By Phyllis Houseman
- The Verdict is Love
- Call Back Our Yesterdays
- To Catch a Lorelei
- There Is a Season-Romance Writers of America Golden Heart Award Finalist
- Another New Year’s Eve
- Insight, Hindsight & Flights of Fancy-Anthology Contributor–Tuffy, Don Juan and the Runaway Knight
- Curious Things: A Compilation of Curiously Disturbing & Sometimes Horrifying Stories–Anthology Contributor–Tuffy
- Coming Soon: Somewhere in the Silence-Honorable Mention in the 2018 National League of American Pen Women–Soul-Making Keats Literary Competition: Novel Excerpt category
- Colossus: Home Anthology: Contributor-Tuffy’s Home
- Heartland Society of Women Writers: Memoir-A Lesson in Cultural Priorities
- Fiction on the Web–Short Story–Don Juan and the Runaway Knight
- Wayne State University 2020 Literary Review-Anthology Contributor —Hipster