VIRTUAL BRANCH MEETING
May 8, 2021
9:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Be the Hero of Your Writing Process
Weaving together secrets from bestselling authors, tips from psychologists, and her own experiences as an editor and life coach for writers, Simon & Schuster editorial director, Kendra Levin will share valuable advice for creating a regular writing practice that’s designed specifically for you. Kendra will reveal how the Hero’s Journey model of myth-making offers tools that can help you to write regularly—and feel good about it—not just today, not just tomorrow, but for years to come.
Empowers Writers to:
- Connect more deeply with your work.
- Listen more closely to your inner wisdom.
- Strike a healthy balance between writing and everything else going on.
- Turn challenges into opportunities for growth.
- Lead more fulfilling lives.
Kendra Levin is an editor, author, and certified life coach who has worked in the publishing industry for nearly twenty years. Currently Editorial Director of Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, her career has also brought her to Penguin Random House and Scholastic, where she has edited New York Times bestsellers and award winners across all age categories of children’s books. A regular contributor to Psychology Today, Kendra is the author of self-help book The Hero Is You and has spent over a decade coaching writers and other creative artists. Visit her at kendracoaching.com and follow her @kendralevin.
- 9:30 – 10:00 – Sign In and Breakout Rooms
- 10:00 – 11:00 – Writers Table
- 11:00 – 11:15 – Business Meeting
- 11:15 – 12:15 – Speaker
New For Mt. Diablo Members!
Guest Voucher Program
Give a friend $10.00 off a Zoom General Meeting or Workshop.
- Invite a guest who has never attended Mt. Diablo meeting
- Request a voucher for your guest for $10.00 off a Zoom meeting or workshop.
- We will email your guest a voucher number and link to register for the meeting. We’ll also notify you that we’ve done this.
- Your guest registers for the meeting and receives the link to join on Zoom.
Meeting Cost: $5 CWC Members (any branch) and $10 Guests
PayPal or Credit/Debit Card Only
Fill out the form below.
You will be taken to a Paypal page after you click SUBMIT below. If you are paying by credit card, look for the “pay with credit or debit card” line on the Paypal page. You do not need a Paypal account.
After you register you will receive an email confirming your registration. The email will contain your link to join the meeting.
By registering for this meeting, you acknowledge that the meeting may be recorded. Your consent is implied when you register.
Questions? Email Marlene Dotterer at firstname.lastname@example.org.