Join us on Saturday, February 8th for our Branch Meeting and Luncheon
Keeping it Real: Creating Tension with Believable Plot Twists
featuring Rick Acker
Veteran suspense author Rick Acker provides tips for creating plot twists that work–and knowing which ones won’t.
Rick’s talk will include:
- The essential elements of believable twists that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.
- Red flags that warn you a twist won’t work.
- A Hall of Fame: famous twists that worked & why
- A Hall of Shame: famous twists that didn’t work & why
Rick Acker writes novels during his commute to and from his “real job” as a Supervising Deputy Attorney General in the California Department of Justice. His unit prosecutes corporate fraud lawsuits of the type described in his #1 bestseller, When the Devil Whistles. Rick has led investigations and lawsuits that made headlines in and out of California. Most recently, he and his team won a string of record-breaking judgments and settlements against the Wall Street players who created the toxic mortgage securities that triggered the Great Recession. When Rick isn’t writing or lawyering, you can usually find him with his wife, Anette, and their four children. They’ll be exploring in the hills east of San Francisco, watching a good movie together, or, of course, reading..
You can register online using the form below.
- Sign-in: 11:00 a.m.—12:00 a.m.
- Writer’s Table: 11:15-11:45
- Luncheon: 12:00 p.m.—12:45 p.m.
- Speaker: 1:00 p.m.—2:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: Members $25/Guests $30: cash and check on site, or use the PayPal section in the form below to pay with credit card or your PayPal account.
- To attend: REGISTER ONLINE (see form below) Reservation deadline: Wed., Feb. 5th, 2019 at noon.*
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the club is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT FOR THE UPCOMING MEETING
Step 1: Select Your Method of Payment: