VIRTUAL BRANCH MEETING
February 13, 2021
9:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Talking the Talk:
How to make your dialogue sound realistic
While writing dialogue can be challenging, it’s one of the
most important skills you’ll need to tell your story.
Dialogue moves the story along at a faster pace, and….
Dialogue makes a story come alive, as it:
- Reveals character
- Sets the mood
- Increases the drama, and
- Incorporates the advice, “Show, Don’t Tell”
Penny Warner has published over 70 books for both adults and children. Her middle-grade mystery series, THE CODE BUSTERS CLUB, has won three Agatha Awards for Best Children’s Mystery, and has over half a million in print world-wide.
In addition to middle-grade fiction, she has written award-nominated The Official Nancy Drew Handbook and is the author of three adult mystery series, including DEAD BODY LANGUAGE, HOW TO HOST A KILLER PARTY, featuring a party planner, DEATH OF A CHOCOLATE CHEATER, featuring food trucks. She wrote a column for the local newspaper on family life for over 30 years, creates fund-raising murder mystery events for libraries across the country, and taught child development at Diablo Valley College for 35 years. She can be reached at http://www.pennywarner.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9:30 – 10:00 – Join Meeting and Breakout Rooms
- 10:00 – 10:45 – Writers Table
- 10:45 – 11:00 – Break
- 11:00 – 11:15 – Business Meeting
- 11:15 – 12:15 – Presentation featuring Penny Warner
New For Mt. Diablo Members!
Guest Voucher Program
Give a friend $10.00 off a Zoom General Meeting or Workshop.
- Invite a guest who has never attended Mt. Diablo meeting
- Request a voucher for your guest for $10.00 off a Zoom meeting or workshop.
- We will email your guest a voucher number and link to register for the meeting. We’ll also notify you that we’ve done this.
- Your guest registers for the meeting and receives the link to join on Zoom.
Meeting Cost: $5 CWC Members (any branch) and $10 Guests
PayPal or Credit/Debit Card Only
Fill out the form below.
You will be taken to a Paypal page after you click SUBMIT below. If you are paying by credit card, look for the “pay with credit or debit card” line on the Paypal page. You do not need a Paypal account.
After you register you will receive an email from Zoom confirming your registration. The email will contain your link to join the meeting.
By registering for this meeting, you acknowledge that the meeting may be recorded. Your consent is implied when you register.
Questions? Email Marlene Dotterer at email@example.com.