Join us on Saturday, November 10th for our Branch Meeting and Luncheon
The Compass of Character
featuring David Corbett
Award-winning author David Corbett will reveal how to build complex characters that generate compelling stories.
- How to identify your characters’ deepest yearning
- How to explore the various sources of resistance to pursuing that yearning
- How to reveal that conflict between yearning and resistance in behavior
David Corbett is the award-winning author of the writing guide The Art of Character (“A writer’s bible” – Elizabeth Brundage) and six novels, including The Long-Lost Love Letters of Doc Holliday (August 2018). His short fiction has been selected twice for Best American Mystery Stories, and his non-fiction has appeared in the New York Times, Narrative, Bright Ideas, and Writer’s Digest, where he is a contributing editor. www.davidcorbett.com
You can register online using the form below.
- Sign-in Starts at: 11:00 a.m.
- Writer’s Table: 11:15 a.m.—12:00 noon
- Luncheon: 12:00 noon to 12:45 p.m.
- Speaker 1:00 p.m.—2:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: Members $25/Guests $30: cash and check on site, or use the PayPal section in the form below to pay with credit card or your PayPal account.
- To attend: REGISTER ONLINE (see form below)
Reservation deadline: Wed., November 7th, 2018 at noon.*
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the club is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT FOR THE UPCOMING MEETING
Step 1: Select Your Method of Payment: