Join us on Saturday, March 14, 2020 for our Workshop and Luncheon
While writing dialogue can be challenging, it’s one of the most important skills you’ll need to tell your story. Dialogue moves the story along at a faster pace, and…
Dialogue makes a story come alive, as it:
- Reveals character
- Sets the mood
- Increases the drama, and
- Incorporates the advice, “Show, Don’t Tell”
Penny Warner has published over 70 books for both adults and children. Her middle-grade mystery series, THE CODE BUSTERS CLUB, has won three Agatha Awards for Best Children’s Mystery, and has over half a million in print world-wide.
In addition to middle-grade fiction, she has written award-nominated The Official Nancy Drew Handbook and is the author of three adult mystery series, including DEAD BODY LANGUAGE, HOW TO HOST A KILLER PARTY, featuring a party planner, DEATH OF A CHOCOLATE CHEATER, featuring food trucks. She wrote a column for the local newspaper on family life for over 30 years, creates fund-raising murder mystery events for libraries across the country, and taught child development at Diablo Valley College for 35 years. She can be reached at http://www.pennywarner.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can register online using the form below.
- Sign-in: 8:30 a.m.—9:00 a.m.
- Workshop: 9:00 p.m.—12:00 p.m.
- Luncheon: 12:00 p.m.—1:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: Members $45/Guests $55: cash and check on site, or use the PayPal section in the form below to pay with credit card or your PayPal account.
- To attend: REGISTER ONLINE (see form below) Reservation deadline: Wed., March 11th, 2020 at noon.*
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the branch is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT FOR THE UPCOMING MEETING
Step 1: Select Your Method of Payment: