Join us on Saturday, June 8th for our Branch Meeting and Luncheon
Trends in Bookselling Today
featuring Bel McNeill
You’ve written your life-story or the third book in your historical fiction series or a book you wrote for your grandchildren and now you’ve decided you want the public to enjoy all your hard work.
- Bookselling today
- What Bel thinks readers want
- Essential characteristics she looks for in a book
- Qualities she believes are important in an author
How do you go about this when either your publisher isn’t proactive in promoting your book or you are self/independently published and have no idea how to get your book into the hands of the local bookseller? Bel and Bunna’s Books is a real life, brick and mortar, independent bookshop, carrying children’s, young adults, and adult books, located in Lafayette, California. Bel McNeill is committed to providing a positive literary experience for children of all ages from birth to twenty-one years old. After working in the information technology field since the 1990s, Bel, who hails from the U.K., decided she was looking for a change: to follow her true passion for books and children’s literacy. Offering a wide range of books and book-related products and having been designed to be a safe retreat from the electronic age, Bel and Bunna’s Books works as a devoted community partner to create a literary wonderland for children where they can embrace the written word and feed their imaginations.
You can register online using the form below.
- Sign-in: 11:00 a.m.—12:00 p.m.
- Writers Table: 11:15-11:45
- Luncheon: 12:00—12:45 p.m.
- Speaker 1:00—2:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: Members $25/Guests $30: cash and check on site, or use the PayPal section in the form below to pay with credit card or your PayPal account.
- To attend: REGISTER ONLINE (see form below) Reservation deadline: Wed., June 5th, 2019 at noon.*
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the club is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT FOR THE UPCOMING MEETING
Step 1: Select Your Method of Payment: