Join us on Saturday, June 9th for our Branch Meeting and Luncheon
An Exploration of Hybrid Publishing
featuring Brooke Warner
The hybrid publishing model occupies space that’s neither traditional publishing nor self-publishing. So what is it exactly? And why is it the fastest-growing publishing business model? Find out how this middle ground of publishing is opening up more and interesting business opportunities for authors and publishers of all stripes.
We will learn:
- Why hybrid publishing has been called “the best of both worlds,” and what about it makes it appealing to authors and self-publishers alike.
- Hybrid industry standards and why its reputation hinges on vetting and quality.
- The challenges facing hybrid publishing and authors who choose this model.
- What writers and authors need to know about this publishing space and the business model.
- Where hybrid publishing might be heading from here.
Brooke Warner is publisher at She Writes Press and SparkPress, president of Warner Coaching Inc., and author of Green-light Your Book, What’s Your Book?, and three books on memoir. Brooke is a TEDx speaker and the former Executive Editor of Seal Press. She currently sits on the boards of the Independent Book Publishers Association, the Bay Area Book Festival, and the National Association of Memoir Writers. She writes a monthly column for Publishers Weeklyand has blogged actively on Huffington Post Books and SheWrites.com.
You can register online using the form below.
- Sign-in: starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Writer’s Table at 11:15 a.m.
- Luncheon: 12:00 p.m.
- Speaker: 1:00–2:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: Members $25/Guests $30: cash and check on site, or use the PayPal section in the form below to pay with credit card or your PayPal account.
- To attend: REGISTER ONLINE (see form below)
Reservation deadline: Wed., June 6th, 2018 at noon.*
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the club is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
Click here for a video demonstration of how to RSVP online.
Or just continue to the form below:
RESERVE YOUR SPOT FOR THE UPCOMING MEETING
Step 1: Select Your Method of Payment: