Join us on Saturday, May 11th for our Branch Meeting and Luncheon
Making the Mud Pie into a Palace: How to Revise Your Novel
featuring Rachel Herron
Novel revision is often feared, reviled, and avoided…sometimes for years. You’ve spent a long time crafting your book, and you know it needs revision, but the idea can be overwhelmingly daunting. How, exactly, do you dive back into it? Where should you start? How long should it take? Approached systematically, with a plan in hand, revising your novel can happen sooner than you think. In this session, you will learn how to save the passages that are keepers while culling the ones that don’t make the cut, and at the same time, you’ll learn your own ideal editing process to make revision manageable and fun.
- Learn how (and where!) to start your revision.
- Learn what tools you need (and don’t need) to revise your book.
- Learn how to tell when you’re (finally) finished revising.
Rachael Herronis the internationally bestselling author of more than two dozen books, including genres in thriller (under R.H. Herron), mainstream fiction, feminist romance, memoir, and nonfiction about writing. She received her MFA in writing from Mills College, Oakland, and she teaches writing extension workshops at both UC Berkeley and Stanford. She is a proud member of the NaNoWriMo Writer’s Board.
You can register online using the form below.
- Sign-in: 11:00 a.m.—12:00 p.m.
- Luncheon: 12:00—12:45 p.m.
- Speaker 1:00—2:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: Members $25/Guests $30: cash and check on site, or use the PayPal section in the form below to pay with credit card or your PayPal account.
- To attend: REGISTER ONLINE (see form below) Reservation deadline: Wed., May 8th, 2019 at noon.*
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the club is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT FOR THE UPCOMING MEETING
Step 1: Select Your Method of Payment: