Award-winning opera singer Nanette McGuinness is the prolific translator of over 50 books and graphic novels for children and adults from French, Italian, and German into English, including the well-known Geronimo Stilton Graphic Novels. Her translation of “Luisa: Now and Then” (Humanoids, 2018) was named an Honor Book for the 2020 Global Literature in Libraries Translated YA Book Prize as well as being chosen for YALSA’s Great Graphic Novels for Teens; her translation of “California Dreamin’: Cass Elliot Before the Mamas & the Papas” (First Second, 2017) was chosen for YALSA’s list the year before. Her most recent translations are “Little Josephine: Memory in Pieces” (Life Drawn, 2020), “Super Sisters” (Papercutz, 2020) and “Who Killed Kenny?” (NBM Publications, 2019).
Books Translated by Nanette Cooper-McGuinness
- Geronimo Stilton Graphic Novels #16: Lights, Camera, Stilton, Papercutz, 2015
- Sherlock, Lupin & Me #4: Cathedral of Fear, Capstone, 2015
- Superman Isn’t Jewish, Humanoids, 2018 (FR>EN)
- Luisa: Now and Then, Humanoids, 2018 (FR>EN), (Publishers Weekly starred review; Young Adult Library Services Association 2019
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens; 2019 Stonewall Honor Book)